When & Where is it?
September 28th – 30th, 2018 in beautiful Fernie, BC.
What is Gillbilly?
Gillbilly is two full days of music and fun hosted by the The Old Type Music Society. A perfect mix of old-time music, jamming, food, good times and plenty of free time for fishing on the Elk River. Not into fishing? bring your bike, hike or do some busking downtown in beautiful Fernie, BC. More information about the schedule and format here.
The weekend will feature two concerts at the Arts Station, *NEW* a Square Dance! plus informal workshops on fishing, river bugs, picking, hosted jams, and great food! All of this will take place in scenic downtown Fernie.
$110 per person weekend Pass includes: register here >
• Mashed Potato Minger & Saturday Taco Bar
• Gillbilly enamel mug
• Both evening concerts at The Arts Station (Friday Sept. 28 & 29)
• Hosted and spontaneous jams downtown
• Informal music and fishing workshops at the Arts Station and other downtown venues
• Time to fish, bike, hike and relax in this charming BC town
$95 per person Youth Weekend Pass (age 12-16): register youth here >
• Includes everything in the standard weekend pass. Note: There is no childcare, nor are the programs designed for youth, so if your tween/teen is able to focus and play along with adults they are more than welcome to come. All youth MUST be accompanied by a registered adult.
Where do I sign up?
How do I get to Fernie?
Fernie, BC. is on Hwy 3 in the South-Eastern corner of BC. It’s easily accessible from Alberta along Hwy 22 South from Calgary (3 hours) and Hwy 3 West from Lethbridge (2 hours). From Vancouver, Follow Hwy 3 East until you drive into town (8-10 hours). From the North, take Hwy 95 South from Golden (about 4 hours) and turn onto Hwy 3/93 East at Cranbrook. From Montana, head North on Hwy 93 through Whitefish (about 2.5 hours) and Eureka, and cross the border at Roosville. Turn East on Hwy 3 and you’re almost there!
Where should I stay?
Fernie RV Resort is offering discounted rates for Gillbilly Guests (www.ferniervresort.com):
• Back in sites special pricing at 39.00 per night (reg 65.00). this includes full hook ups, wifi and showers.
• Pull through sites special pricing at 49.00 per night (reg 75.00), this includes full hook ups, wifi and showers.
Fernie Provincial Park is also nearby, West of Fernie across from the Standford Inn.