When & Where is it?
September 27th – 29th, 2019 in beautiful Fernie, BC.
What is Gillbilly?
Gillbilly is two full days of music and fun hosted by the The Old Type Music Society. A perfect mix of old-time music, jamming, food, good times and plenty of free time for fishing on the Elk River. Not into fishing? bring your bike, hike or do some busking downtown in beautiful Fernie, BC. More information about the schedule and format here.
Confirmed performer/instructor is Del Barber, with a guest appearance from newly formed Kootenay power quartet Red Squirrel (Clay & Joelle Parsons with Anie & Mike Hepher). More details about the performers here.
The weekend will feature a Friday old-time Dance and Saturday feature concert at the Arts Station, plus informal workshops, hosted jams, open stages, and social times! You can also sign up for a special 2 hour song-writing workshop with Del Barber for only $20! All of this will take place in scenic downtown Fernie. We’ve changed the format a bit to make it sleeker and more accessible!
$50 per person weekend Pass includes: register here >
• Chili Potluck (bring a topping or side to share)
• Friday dance with the Second String Fiddlers
• Saturday evening concert at The Arts Station (Sept. 28)
• Sunday morning Toast & Jam (always a highlight)
• Hosted jams and open stages downtown
• Informal 1 hour workshops at the Arts Station and other downtown venues. Got something you want to share with the rest of the Gillbillies? Let us know in advance!
• Spare time to fish, bike, hike and relax in this charming BC town
• Find out more about the schedule on our schedule page.
Where do I sign up?
You can register right now by going to our Eventbrite Registration Page.
How do I get to Fernie?
Fernie, BC. is on Hwy 3 in the South-Eastern corner of BC. It’s easily accessible from Alberta along Hwy 22 South from Calgary (3 hours) and Hwy 3 West from Lethbridge (2 hours). From Vancouver, Follow Hwy 3 East until you drive into town (8-10 hours). From the North, take Hwy 95 South from Golden (about 4 hours) and turn onto Hwy 3/93 East at Cranbrook. From Montana, head North on Hwy 93 through Whitefish (about 2.5 hours) and Eureka, and cross the border at Roosville. Turn East on Hwy 3 and you’re almost there!
Where should I stay?
Mention Gillbilly to get the following group rates:
Snow Valley Lodging rooms from $72 • www.snowvalleylodging.com
Stay in a tiny home for ‘Lil Billy: use GILLBILLY2019 for special booking rates on all rooms.
Park Place Lodge rooms from $112 • www.parkplacelodge.com
Fernie RV Resort is offering discounted rates for Gillbilly Guests (www.ferniervresort.com):
• Back in sites special pricing at 39.00 per night (reg 65.00). this includes full hook ups, wifi and showers.
• Pull through sites special pricing at 49.00 per night (reg 75.00), this includes full hook ups, wifi and showers.
Fernie Provincial Park is also nearby, West of Fernie across from the Standford Inn.